Fordway is confirmed as a supplier on the Crown Commercial Services’ Digital Outcomes and Specialists (DOS) framework. The Public Sector will be able to buy DOS services on the Digital Marketplace when the framework becomes live in mid-April.
The Digital Outcomes and Specialists (DOS) framework replaces the Digital Services framework (DSf) and is intended to simplify the buying process for the public sector when procuring IT consultancy services. It functions in a similar way to G-Cloud (where Fordway cloud services are listed), in that the framework pre-approves public sector suppliers, removes the need for complex OJEUs and tenders. The DOS framework is therefore intended to enable the public sector with agility in supplier selection and management for IT projects and engagements.
The Digital Outcomes and Specialists (DOS) framework was created to address the following user need: “As a buyer I need to be able to publish a brief and then reduce the number of eligible and interested suppliers to a number which I can manage.”
In April, when services are first available to buy from Digital Outcome and Specialists buyers will be able to:
- publish information on the way they’ll evaluate suppliers, including their evaluation criteria and weightings
- publish supplier questions about their requirements, along with a response
- view a shortlist of suppliers who’ve registered their interest
As the framework is developed, it is anticipated that further iterations will allow buyers to:
- evaluate their shortlist
- notify the successful supplier
- give unsuccessful suppliers feedback
- generate a contract (or ‘call-off’)
- generate a statement of work
- sign a contract digitally