Fordway Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) provides a guaranteed business continuity mechanism for clients who can’t provide it for themselves. This can be for a number of reasons; no suitable second site, can’t afford the solutions, it is too difficult to achieve. By using DRaaS clients can have state of the art disaster recovery capabilities at the fraction of the price for traditional supplier services.
Fordway Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) delivers a comprehensive disaster recovery service to organisations with any IT infrastructure.
Fordway Disaster Recovery as Fordway DRaaS with Microsoft Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
Fordway DRaaS with Microsoft Azure Site Recover (ASR) is a specially designed service that leverages the capabilities of Azure Site Recovery (ASR), either at:
- Fordway's two UK-based, Tier 3 datacentres
- Microsoft Azure Public Cloud
The service uses the latest technologies to minimise date transfer and replication timescales, with the comprehensive capabilities built into Azure Site Recovery.
Fordway’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) is delivered from consoles located at two UK datacentres, with 24 x 7 access from multiple points. The usual restoration time is dependent on the client SLA’s, the normal periods specified are: 2 hours for systems nominated as business critical and 8 hours for business important. The service includes:
- Flexible SLA’s for each client depending on the criticality of the entire service
- Replication of only changed information between the two sites, thus not taking hours for a replication to occur or taking up excessive bandwidth
- Client servers can be bought on-line at Fordway’s data centres if a disaster is invoked, these servers can then be accessed remotely via our client portal
- Regular checks of recovery capability ensuring full systems can be recovered within the specified SLA’s
- Provision of entire system back to client and not just the base data
- Fully managed and manned recovery, that can swing into operation minutes after a disaster scenario is invoked
- Proven and tested disaster recovery procedures, to ITIL standards, are written and disseminated.
- World Class expertise in dealing with disaster situations and how best to recover to an optimum operational status
- Knowledge of how to revert to business as normal once the disaster is over
- Regular reporting on DR status giving confidence to senior management
All elements of the service are certified to ISO27001, data is managed to ISO27001 procedures. For Public Sector clients Fordway Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) is currently certified to store information up to and including IL2, certification for IL3 Service Assurance is currently in process. Connectivity can be made using Internet VPNs or MPLS networks. Fordway currently partner with a variety of MPLS providers who provide links into Fordway's datacentres. Public Sector clients can use PSN network links; connectivity is resilient across both datacentres.
The Fordway Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) is complimentary to Fordway Backup and Recovery as a Service, which offers different levels of resilience via duplicated or off-site storage.
For more information about Disaster Recovery as a Service or any of Fordway's Managed Cloud Services, please contact us. Public Sector clients can order IaaS and other Fordway Cloud services through the G-Cloud Framework, please go to http://gcloud.civilservice.gov.uk/cloudstore/, search on Fordway and browse the catalogue.